Last update: 21 October 2019
Nectir Pty Ltd, ABN: 55 613 309 327
Nectir is governed by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs regulate how personal information is handled by Nectir.
We revise this policy as applicable regulations change. Please visit this page regularly.
1. Type of personal information collected
We generally collect two types of information—personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”). PII is any information that can be used to specifically identify you as an individual. For example, you may submit your email and we may collect your name, email address, address, phone number, or similar information through the Site. Non-PII consists of information that does not specifically identify you. The following sections describe how we collect and use your PII and Non-PII.
1.1 Vistor Data
When you visit our Site, some information will be collected automatically using cookies and beacons. The data we collect automatically through cookies is Non-PII while some of the information we collect through beacons is PII. We do automatically collect information of users when they submit their personal information to us. For example if a user submits their email through a contact form or live messenger we will collect further personal information through third part tools, such as Google, Facebook, Hubspot and LinkedIn. Further information on how we collect your personal information is described in the next section.
1.2 Customer Data
Content and information submitted by users to Nectir is referred to in this policy as “Customer Data”. As further explained below, Customer Data is controlled by Nectir or other third party that created the team or company (the “Customer”). Where Nectir collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
If you join a team and create a user account, you are a “user,” as further described in the Terms of Service. If you are using the Services by invitation of a Customer, whether that Customer is your employer, another organisation, or an individual, that Customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Customer Data which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the Customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
2. How we collect your personal information
Information you give us
While you use Nectir you will be asked to provide certain types of personal information in order to use the Service. This may happen through our website, applications, online chat systems, direct conversation with yourself.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details – username, password, profile picture, job title, manager email address.
- Contact Details – email address, phone number.
- Location Details – physical address, billing address, timezone.
- Identity Details – full name, proof of identity (e.g. drivers licence, passport), proof of address (e.g. utility bill), photograph of the user.
- Financial Information – billing information and account holder details. We do not store any credit card details directly.
Information that we collect from you, for others
Users have the ability to invite non-users to their Nectir account. This information is limited to the submission of an email address which is used to send an invitation to that non-user. If that user chooses to sign-up to the invited Nectir account they will become a Nectir user. If they choose to do not action the invite we do no use that email address for any other purpose and do not collect any further information about that non-user.
Information we automatically collect about you
Cookies: Like many websites and mobile application providers, we collect certain information through the use of “cookies”. These are small text files that are saved by your browser when you access our Site. Cookies can either be “session cookies” or “persistent cookies”. Session cookies are temporary cookies that are stored on the device that accesses the internet while you are visiting our Site or using our Service, while “persistent cookies” are stored on your device for a period of time after you leave our Site. We use persistent cookies to store to better understand your behaviour on our site so that we can deliver content to you that is more relevant to you, for example how many times you visit specific pages. We also use persistent cookies to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising efforts. Through these cookies, we may collect information about your online activity after you leave our Site. For more information on cookies, including how to control your cookie settings and preferences, visit http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm,
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can configure your browser to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you when you a new cookie is received, and to disable existing cookies. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, however, you may be unable to take full advantage of some or all of the Site’s features.
Beacons: Web Beacons help us better manage content on our Service by informing us what content is effective. Web Beacons are embedded in, or otherwise associated with, certain emails and across our wesbite or other communications that you receive from us. Web Beacons help us track your responses and interests and deliver relevant content and services to you. For example, they may let us know when you take actions based on the emails that we send. Web Beacons also allow us to enhance our online advertising by understanding the effectiveness of our online advertising.
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
In order to deliver certain products or services we may passively collect your GPS coordinates, where available from your device. Most modern devices such as smartphones will display a permission request when our platform requests this data.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata – IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information – device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Location – GPS position.
- Actions – pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
- Publicly available data – LinkedIn data; job title, company, profile picture
3. How we use your personal data
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the Service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Operate and improve the Service
- Learn more about our users and their internet behaviors
- Target offers to users
- Facilitate communications among and between users and the public in general
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products, or services
- Evaluate the types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to users
- Provide user support
- Communicate with users regarding support, security, technical issues, commerce, marketing, and transactions
- Facilitate marketing, advertising, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
- Administer the Service, User Accounts, and transactions with respect to User Accounts
- Enforce our contracts, administering and carrying out our obligations under contracts, and complying with the law
- Publish aggregated data about usage trends, which may be derived from Personal Data
- Complete corporate transactions such as mergers, sales of assets, or bankruptcies
4. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information for purposes required to provide our products and services to you, and as required by law. Nectir may, acting on our Customer’s behalf, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added by Customer. Nectir is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use, and share Customer Data if this provider is added by the Customer.
The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf outside Australia, including ‘in the cloud’, by our third party service providers. Your information is also accessible to our third-party vendors who provide services/functions on our behalf, such as business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or promotion programs, payment processing, and fraud prevention. These third-party vendors collect and use your information on behalf of Nectir, for specific purposes, and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose. For example:
- Hubspot: To provide detail of visitors to our Site who have submitted their email address to us for the purposes of being contacted. For example we may collect information such as the name of the company that a visitor works for via information collected by Hubspot from their LinkedIn profile.
- Intercom:To provide detail of visitors to our Site who have submitted their email address to us for the purposes of being contacted. For example we may collect information such as the LinkedIn profile picture of the visitor via information collected by Intercom from the visitor’s LinkedIn profile.
5. Access to and correction of personal information
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavor to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
6. Complaints about breach
If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us on the email address: email@example.com.
To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us at the details below.
7. Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure.
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we will post any changes on this page. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
Nectir Pty Ltd, ABN: 55 613 309 327 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 21 October 2019